Ah Bong's Italian

Ah Bong's Italian is a unique foodstore located at a coffeeshop in Tiong Bahru, selling pastas.

Along with my best friends Veron and Mel, I visited Ah Bong's Italian on a Wednesday for lunch. Situated at 56 Eng Hoon Street #01-46, it's just a short walk away from Tiong Bahru mrt. If you're driving, there're parallel parking slots available by the street or roadside.



They change bits and pieces of their menu everyday, and it will be posted on their Facebook page HERE. So if you're planning to visit, do follow them on Facebook to catch a glimpse of their menu! I've never tried their mac & cheese myself, but I heard it's good, so if you're a cheese-lover, you can try it and tell me if it's nice!



This is their Lala Aglio Olio! I thought it was quite spicy (because I cannot take spicy food), and overall the taste was a little bland. $8



Mel ordered their pesto mushroom pasta, which she really liked! It smelt so good and the pasta was flavourful! $7



As for me I ordered the birthday pasta, and requested for no chili. It was yummy, with a strong broccoli taste! I felt that $6 for this was super worth it! 



We also ordered a bowl of yong tau fu from the store beside, also in the coffeshop itself. It was going at a standard price of $5 for every bowl, and it comes along with beehoon (which we didn't get cause we had pasta). This was pretty nice, and I felt this went along well with the pasta somehow haha though it's a little costly. 



Lastly, this was the dessert we almost forgot we ordered. This was some earl grey chocolate mousse I think, at $4. It was so-so only could not really taste the earl grey, just more of chocolate.



Situated at a coffeeshop, it may be a little hard to get a table during lunch hours because there are many office workers around; and sometimes it gets very warm due to Singapore's unrelentless weather. However, I feel that the simple food-fare with reasonable prices and the very friendly service will keep me coming back for more if I happen to be around the area! Check our their Instagram page www.instagram.com/ahbongsitalian because they will comment on your photo if you tag them or their location! (:



After our lunch, we headed over to The Orange Thimble which is just down the street.  



Ordered a cup of iced coffee before we start our mini photoshoot! Hahaha.



It's a very artistically decorated cafe with pretty places to take photos! 



Because we love this wall texture so much, we had to take photos here. So we shifted the chairs and tables away just for awhile hahaha.



Definitely a fun day out with my girls!


xoxo, kaitinghearts

No comments